*

*

Officially Official

Everything is "legal" after today's consulate appointment, and our guide will pick up all paperwork tomorrow.  While there we saw an adoptive mom spank her new 4yo daughter---we could not even see that she did anything wrong.  Very unrealistic expectations for a "new" kid, who doesn't even understand your language!  Case in point--why adoption/bonding education is so important. 
We had to mmet our guide to go to the consulate at 7:45, which meant 630 in the breakfast bar.  Yes, it takes us an hour--then everyone has to potty of course.  Ont thing I have learned this trip--do not try to serve individual plates.  When we go in, I steal a tray from the "worker station" (they don't like it), and fill it up with juices.  Then me or DH gets a plate full of watermellon, yogurt, pastry, plate full of sausage (if you can call it that) and eggs, or whatever the main US food of the day is.  Then we go to the table and divvy it all up on the bread-n-butter plates.  We aslo get several bowls of steamed rice and some Chinese fare for those who will eat it.  Then DH and I can get our plates, and there's plenty of food on the table to pass around to the kids.
Nikki--Haha, you know I did NOT eat the squid!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I only had a few bites of that hotpot in Mongolia--nasty.  As always, I have lost weight in China (but don't worry, I have plenty of reserves).
SInce we got up before the sun, we made everyon take a nap after our banana lunch today.  Ahhhh, it was wonderful!!!!  DH and I are trying to get to bed by 10, but are waking up by 5.  And I am spoiled to getting a full 8-9 hours ---don't judge.
We are soooo ready to be home!!!!!!!!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Woo-Hoo! Official!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait for you to get back! And we have a new addition to cheer you home!

    ReplyDelete