*

*

Frugal Friday

First let me tell you, we took our paperwork to the county level and state capital for certification.  We left at 8:30, and got home at 4:30, but all went well, it is now on it's way to the Houston consulate. 
During the drive,  I read 1/2 of Elizabeth Elliot's Passion and Purity, that I got at the thrift store a while back.  Believe it or not, I have never read an EE book in all my 40+++ years.
I never read anything except school related or Bible study.  DH took my pic with his phone (while driving), he said, so he could remember the one time he ever saw me read.
When we got home, since I already had a list and coupons in order, DH agreed to go to the store.  This is what he got for $37.64:
10 boxes of cereal
Huggies wipes refill
1 soy mik
24   ears of corn
2  cantelopes
11 bananas
Also shown is a $50 gas card, we got for $40.
We are going back in the morning, to get 2 more gas cards.......we'll go through seperate lines to get 1 each with a $25 required purchase.
Happy weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, wish we could get gas cards like that here. I am new to the coupon shopping, starting this last week and it can be very exciting to see how much you can really save. I signed up to take a class next week in hopes to really start cutting our grocery bill. Our big savings was getting cereal for $1.04 a box, got 5 and wished we could have gotten more but they sold out and getting Tylenol Precise Pain cream for free! Thanks for sharing so I can keep getting inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all that food for so little money! You must be really good at being thrifty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Elisabeth Eliot! Her Shaping of A Christian Family is incrediable.

    Your hubby did great on his grocery run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don’t you love it when a frugal plan comes together!!! And I love EE...isn’t she so encouraging!!!

    ReplyDelete