*

*

More organizing


Remember how much I was getting done while the kids were sick (it was the flu, by the way)?  This is my fabric armoire.  I measured, re-folded, and sorted every piece according to size.  Only the top 1/2 is shown, so this took alot of time.  BUT, I had been wasting sooo much time whenever I wanted to sew/smock a dress for the girls.  I would have to decide what to make, then find a piece of fabric the right size.  Now, I am very excited to know, at a glance, which fabric will make only 1 dress, and which fabrics will make dresses for all 3 girls!  I also got started on some smocking for 3 matching dresses!
 When I used to sew for others, an heirloom fabric store, where we lived, went out of business.  It was a blessing to be able to stock up on fabric at a fraction of retail cost.  I have also bought fabric in Ch_na.
Much of that fabric was used sewing for others, but, I have enough fabric to clothe the girls for about a year, if I get "playclothes" at yard sales and thrift stores. .....time to do all that smocking is another story.


Waid went to the chiropractor one day last week.....he's great at immitating!  Of course he sees us rubbing DH's back quite often.  Waid's hips are out of alignment, a possible explanation to his strange little gait.  Hopefully, he will "warm up" to the dr. well enough to get an x-ray next week.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry your family has had the flu also. No fun at all. I think we might have turned the corner here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he goes to the chiropractor. I think chiropractic is a hidden gem to most of the adoptive (and regular) world.

    ReplyDelete