*

*

Pajama Day


Do you ever have one of those weeks, I mean days? In the past week I have made 3 trips downtown for medical appts, taken Waid to physical therapy, had speech therapy for the other 3, bought groceries, gone to church, ..oh--did I mention that I am a homebody?!?!
During my limited time at home in the past week, I could not stay on schedule because getting the new heat pump upstairs (to replace the 21 year old one) turned into a 2.5 day job--it was supposed to be 1 day. As well as taking over the upstairs, workers had to run new wiring, copper pipe, or something through the cieling in the basement. So, all 4 kids had to remain on the main level for the last 3 days, all day long, except naptime. Even after workers left for the night, I could not set the kids free....because of the strewn insulation on thier freshly washed blankets, the metal shavings that were left behind (after being ground into the hardwood floor), and the opened utility knife and sheetrock crumbs left on schoolroom desks. Did I mention that, even though I cleared the work area of all toys, rugs, etc., the workers managed to get metal shavings into the crate of lego blocks? Apparently they used the edge of the crate to support a piece of metal they were drilling a hole into.
So I spent the morning cleaning the upstairs and the main floor. Tomorrow I will clean the basement.

Right now I am trying to lower my blood pressure, sit and do absolutely nothing while the kids are asleep. Breathe.....breathe.....
In other news, inquiring minds want to know.....no we aren't closing this blog. We were working on something new, and accidentally made this blog private by mistake. Turns out, if I am signed in under MY name, anything I do to the blog happens on the new one, even if I pulled up this blog to access it. THIS blog is under DH's name, and we will have to make sure we are signed in correctly to the blog we intend to post to, and not the other one---confused yet?? Stay tuned......hopefully some good stuff coming.......right after I tar and feather those workmen.

2 comments:

  1. As you say....just breathe. I know that when you are a homebody and you can't be home, or home is in chaos, it messes with your head and your heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am totally confused. Just continue to write your blog and let me click in so that I can see and read about your beautiful kiddos!!!

    ReplyDelete