*

*

More on those questions we get.......

http://www.wacap.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=usxoLhvhjZI%3d&tabid=185
Ironically, I got a newsletter from one of our agencies today, that had a bit of a different view.  In the link, a social worker, also an adoptive mom, with some grown adoptees, sheds some light on the subject.  Granted, it is written from a SW standpoint, not a Christian one (the author may or may not be Christian--I do not know).  Anyway, food for thought also from her kids point of view.
I have done the "Where are they from?"--answer: we just moved here from Montgomery.
I really have a hard time with "your such a great person", because I am not, I am simply being obedient.
Please know I am never rude to anyone about it, I just come home and fuss about it to DH=).
You all had some great points about tolerance, grace, etc.
-Amy, I think I look older than I am too,  the only reason I do not have wrinkles, is because all the fat puffs them up, and my remedy to the gray hair is Loreal Feria #62.
-Laine, I have actually thought of printing up something on a business card.
-Angie, I would move to Maui in a heartbeat if I could=)
-Lisa, that happened to us alot when Emmi (1st adoption) was a baby.  People would say how gorgeous she was, and I'd say "all my kids are beautiful--don't you think?"  as our then 11 and 13yo kids observed.

No comments:

Post a Comment