*

*

We survived and Thankful Thursday

David went back to work Wed, and we survived=0  Got 3 loads of clothes done, unloaded 2 dishwashers,  and folded a basket of laundry.
No schoolwork done, but that's ok.  Actually Waid does not know there are rooms in the basement, and that's fine for now.  When Wes came home, as he discovered more rooms, the harder he was to keep track of.  Since Waid cannot be in a room alone yet, a few rooms is all he needs.   He is shown here discovering Thomas in the living room.
Thankful Thursday----I am thankful for so many things, and fresh home from China, the number of things we take for granted is unbelievable, but I want to focus on David's job.  He has a very reliable income from a job he loves.
He has 4 weeks vacation per year, and this year has gotten 2 weeks family leave PER adoption!  His schedule rotates, days and shifts.  So when he schedules time off, in combination with off days, he is often able to get 3 weeks off, but only actually use about 10 days vacation.  He works 12 hour shifts, BUT, only 165 days per year.  That is less days than we are in school!  He is home alot, and helps out alot.  His help has been huge in getting Wes caught up in school.  I am so thankful for how God provides for us, and David's willingness to help at home.
And on a funny note.....The exterminator came last Thursday, on Sunday, I closed a french door that usually stays open.  There was a dead bug dehind it and I asked DH to get it.....he just sat there, so I asked Jake......he just sat there.  I said "You're the men of the house, it's your duty" (to get the dead bug).  David said he'd been a woman for 2 weeks (Mr. Mom while I was gone), and it would take a few days to get back to normal=)....so I got a napkin and disposed of the dead bug.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are home safe and sound. Can't wait to see your whole crew! Love and miss you all, The Wrights

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad for the update!! I will bring you all dinner next week. I will send you an email soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touching blog... Thanks Janet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dead bugs = ew!

    So glad you have Waid home now!

    ReplyDelete