*

*

Deja-vu all over again

Random pretty pic from zoo. Not so pretty pic.  Two weeks after Avery's  spill requiring stitches, Waid did it.  He was climbing onto the couch, the sock-foot that was on the ground slipped on the wood floor, and he hit full force.  Since we had just experienced the ER a few weeks ago, we were not anxious to go back.  Waid's chin did not look quite as bad as Avery's, and was not gushing blood like hers.  Worst case scenario, his scar will be worse---but scars are cool on boys---right?  So now the virtual twins will have twin scars.
Got the question today at Target----knew I would----are they triplets?????
Wes, Waid, and Avery are all the same height and all within 4pounds of each other.  Wes is 12 months older than Avery, and 16 months older than Waid.  Wes is small--even for Chinese--and his doctor is concerned; but is just watching for now, since he is newly home, and so much growth usually occurs in the 1st year home.
As part of the adoption community, I know part of my "job" is to educate people.  We do not mind questions, and are generally happy to talk.  We rarely get rude comments.  I will talk forever about adoption to those genuinely interested.  For those nosey people who just want to know "how much does it cost?", I usually reply with "why do you ask?"  That way, if they are considering adoption, I will tell them anything they want to know.  If they are just being nosey, they usually back away.  And if nosey people truly want to know; they can go to any adoption agency website and find out, so why are they asking me?
Anyway, the woman who asked if they were triplets was walking down the isle, really never stopped.  My reply was "no, all 4 were born within 22 months"......I bet she is still trying to figure that out=).  I would have explained if she had stopped.

3 comments:

  1. Good answer to the questions! Sorry about little Waid though. No fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Waid! I guess he's feeling better? At least it was a good opportunity to cuddle with Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny (your responses that is)!!
    Trina

    ReplyDelete