*

*

Rediculous


Today we had several places to go, including an office for the gov end of the adoption, a notary, and back to the orphanage to pay the "donation".  We left at 8:30 and got back at 12.  This is the 1st time I've ever been drug around to all these different places.  With the other adoptions we went to 1 place to pick up the child, then back to the same place the next day to do all paperwork.  Our guide had always gone to get the Chinese passport, so I do not know why we had to do it this time...that was one of the stops yesterday.
Waid is doing great in the room, but when we go out the door he wants to be picked up.  At breakfast, we met the others and the guide.  Susan was through eating and was going to hold her daughter so Waid could have the chair.  I said the only way Waid would sit down, was if the guide (also sittintg right there)told Waid to be a big boy and sit down.  The guide proceeded to tell Waid IN ENGLISH "be a big boy and sit down"---no kidding===ummm, I could have done that----why am I paying you????

2 comments:

  1. Oh gracious, Janet - in English? amazing...you have been on my mind. We are praying for you guys. Thank you for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was smiling and laughing through your post, because it reminds me of our time in China. Even the guide story. I asked my guide to ask our son what he was saying one day. She must have spoken at him for two-three minutes, he never spoke once, and when I asked her what it was all about, she shrugged her shoulders and said she thought his feet were cold. Whatever it was, it had nothing to do with his feet. I never asked for another translation.

    ReplyDelete