*

*

Airport Adventure


Since I am paying for internet by the min,  this will have to be fast---although our adventure was anything but fast.  We left our hotel at 11, we *thought* we were going to be able to get an earlier flight.  My itenerary said 3, Susan's said 4 o'clock--so they were not even the same?????  Anyway.  Our wooooooonderul guide (not) dumped us at the airport 4 hours before our fligh and said we could get lunch---guess he wanted to get back to Beijing before rush hour.  There was only one place for lunch, all we had was sticky rice, and not very much of that.  Of course Spidey boy was in full form as he was traumatized by the security check.  And FYI--it is true-- NO liquids on in country flight--none, not even the 2 quart baggie.  I knew this, so I put them in the larger bag and checked it.  BUT they took Spidey boy's unopened box-0-chocolate milk, and my peanut butter (is that a liquid??) and jelly.  Sooooo, our flight was an hour late--don;t know why--they don't tell you these things here,  When we boarded, we sat, and sat.  Then they brought out the food service.  Ya know that is not a good sign, because everyone has to finish and "safely stow your tray tables in their upright position" before we can take off.  TWO hours later, we took off.  There was a nice older Ch/Am man beside us who was sent by God to keep me from loosing my mind.  He played with Waid, and told him to take a nap, when Waid wiggled, he told him to be still and go to sleep---and he did!  So we walked, rolled, crawled, into the hotel room at 12:01.  I had to find certain things to get ready for bed, since Waid had such a nice nap, I figured he would be fine (sleep-wise) to get a bath, and I certainly neeeded a shower.  So, I think we finally started going to sleep at 1:30.....had to get up at 7:30 for today;s fun--6 shots!
So much for fast, I better go to the free-internet lobby next time.  We are doing well, and feel your prayers.  Most of the time, I cannot believe how easy Waid is being.....although I well know it will all hit the fan sooner or later.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Janet....bless you and Waid.
    I'm so happy to hear how great he has been! God's mercies are new every morning! (And every 12 hour airport adventure!) praying for you both,
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should write comedy, you know. I'm sorry that there are so many trials to your journey-mine was similar-but you'll be home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I know you were tired after all that! Can't wait to hear more! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We check your blog every day to see how you and Wade are doing? Pray hubby is doing good with kids also. Seems like God has in all under control.

    ReplyDelete