*

*

Adventure woman and Spidey boy's not so adventurous adventure

Not much drama here---just telling what we did yesterday.  I googled Tianjin attractions, and found that there is an Ancient Cultural Street, looked interesting, and was free.  So I wrote down the address to show the hotel taxi-getter boy.  Also, I went to google maps and got directions from the hotel--wrote them down-- just in case we have to walk back.  After getting there, and coaxing Spidey boy into the stroller, off we went.  It was a cobble stone type street with ancient architecture on each side, shops lined the street, much like Shamain Island, only a whole lot more.  It must be a true attraction, as there were tour busses dropping of Chinese people.  Much of the items were the typical tourist stuff, tea sets, traditional silk outfits, jade, etc.  I did spot a few things that I had not seen elsewhere.  I got Emmi the much wanted lion she had given me her precious $3 for=),  It isn't green, like she wanted, but I think she will be happy, since we found nothing of the sort last time.  It is harder to find boy stuff, and I simply will not waste money on cheapo stuff,  However, I got 2 little wooden "play" swords, that were carved.  And I was very excited to get the boys scrolls, custom painted with their names...for $3!!!!!!!  I have seen these done in GZ, but always in pastel colors,  These were in brighter and darker colors.  It was amazing to watch, the S looks like a dragon, each letter is different and colorful. 
Spidey boy--I mean Waid--was happy in the stroller with his talking, beeping, flashing cell phone--which I am sure will need new batteries soon. 
On the drive in, Adventure Woman was careful to notice landmarks, and a McD not far from the Ancient Street.  So we set out for McD.  Waid had fries, but only a handful.  I had decided it was a good day for a walk, and did not even try to get a taxi.  The map said it was a 45 min walk.  The directions were not totally accurate, and some of the road signs were written in Chinese only--but with Adventure womans amazing sense of direction, we made it home in an hour.  Waid was happy the whole time nibbling on fries and beeping his phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment