*

*

Can I get an "Amen!"

I had to go to Wal-Mart today--not something I enjoy, and I was just plain grumpy.  Well, what man intended for bad, God can make good!  What the WM trip meant for me, was 25 min there, and 25 min back, of listening to Christian radio.  I listen at home some, but it sometimes seems like just more noise in the house.  How blessed I am that my kids are virtually silent in the car, so I can get every word from the DJ or song.  It was "Flashback Friday", and they played one of my all time favorites from Keith Green.  Oh Lord, You're Beautiful.
"Oh Lord, please light the fire, that once burned bright and clean.
Replace the lamp of my first love, that burns with Holy fear.
I want to take your word, and shine it all around.
But first just help me to, live it Lord.
And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown.
For my reward is giving glory to you."         

Because of recent events, I have not made it to church in a few weeks.  I have read my Bible, a daily devotion, done the kids lessons, etc.....but have just been spiritually dry, just going through the motions.  I've been emotionally bankrupt for a while.  God knew I desperately needed to be still for that trip to WM and be ministered to through the songs.

I also heard a song that said-I'd rather walk in the dark with Jesus, then walk in the light on my own!
I've been walking in the dark, in a sense, trying to figure out the adoption finances.  Trying to make a way for it to work. Truth is there is NOTHING I can do about it, we do not have the money-period.  It is totally in God's hands.

It didn't end there.  The station does what they call a war cry on Mon and Fri at 1.  I rarely hear it because that is when I am putting the kids down for a nap.  They mesh together parts of preaching from Darr*n Thompson (do not know much about him), and the Karen Wheaton song "Sound the Alarm".  It's one of those things that -if it don't get you excited in Christ--you better check your pulse!
One of the verses Pastor Thompson referred to was Romans 8:18.  "For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us"!!  Think on that a while....if that don't dig you out of a pit- nothin will!

1 comment: