*

*

God is in the details




Many people recognize big miracles, like when someone's cancer disappears, but simply dismiss the "little" things in life as coincidences. There is no such thing. God is in every detail of our lives, he orchestrates it all. He knows every little thing that concerns us, and cares about it all.

Jake goes to college in a month, he just decided to go, and knew he was accepted a few weeks ago. He, of course, has church clothes, but at college, will be required to wear ties everyday, and must wear sportcoats/suit jackets to dinner every night. We hit our local thrift stores and look what we found! I knew we had found a great deal with this L*nd's End coat for $4.99. I have always loved L*nd's End, I buy from their overstock clearance about twice a year. I was thrilled we found a quality jacket that fit Jake. Coincidence that they had a 42L on the day we went?---NO!

When we got home with our thrift store finds, I knew I would have a bit of trouble matching things up. I had saved a L*nd's End catalog to use as a guide of what went together. So tonight, I was looking at the catalog.....and there it was......the exact jacket we got at the thrift store yesterday. Can you see the price?!?!?!?!?! Originally $350, on sale for $299! I had prayed that we would have a productive day and find Jake enough clothes to build his wardrobe around for school. How awesome to know we can take all of our cares to the Father. He cares about the "little" things. Don't think that your problem is silly or too small to take to God, he is in the details!
And by the way, we got about 8 coats and 6 pairs of pants for $77! God is Good!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What GREAT deals! And I totally agree...God definitely is in the details and I know He just loves it when we notice and give HIM glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo!! I love the thrift store. I am so thankful God is in the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were born to shop RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete