*

*
We had our last T-bones earlier this week, booo hooooo.
Another cow will be butchered in August.
Some friends of ours have a pet rescue deer.  
They are trying to find a petting zoo to take it.

Mr. S gave all the kids pieces of banana and peel to feed the deer.
She also likes mulberry leaves from their tree.
Emmi is making kale chips to go with the kids lunches several days a week now.  They are wonderful, but she wont tell us her secret spice mix.
I'm so thankful that she enjoys cooking and being of service to others.

We had low carb Chicken Cordon Bleu tonight with Kale Waldorf salad.
DH posted it on our facebook farm page (Happy Hollow Farm), and has already had a request for the recipe.  And for my friend Jen, here it is....
As with everything I cook, the recipe below is doubled from the original.
Kale Waldorf Salad by Elise Bauer of SimplyRecipes.com
Dressing:
2/3 cup of mayo
1 T dijon mustard
1 T apple cider vinegar
pinch of salt, and freshly ground pepper
Salad:
3-4 large red apples, cored and chopped
1 cup chopped celery
4 cups ( I didn't measure it) chopped kale, stems removed
Optional:
1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped (I didn't have any)
1 cup dried cranberries ( I just sprinkled them on the kids servings, because they are too high in carbs for me and DH)
Whisk dressing ingredients together, toss in everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment