*

*

A bit of landscaping progress

The other day I tackled this little corner of the world.
The camellia in the corner was planted earlier this summer.
Previously, there was a tired, misshapen azalea, and many, many irises scattered about....
I don't even like irises.
I got lowe's gift cards for  my birthday, so I
was able to do some work on both sides of the porch.
It's tough to find a shade loving shrub that is a bit unique, I got Pieris.
I had to work around the peonies in the right front corner,
 and I left a space in the middle for a future birdbath.
 I had a large, gorgeous, cobalt blue one, that had been at 4 different houses with us, 
but it was broken by a large limb during the winter.
The large rocks were brought up from the hollow last year, as a means to keep Happy out of the landscaping.  He's learned his lesson now, I could move them, but they kind of grew on me.
In the fall I hope to paint the cement block beige.  
This is the side of the house that was most recently added on to, about 20 years ago.
It's wonderful to finally be getting pieces of the landscaping done more to my taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment