*

*

What I did this morning

I had some cooking to do today.  I made mini-cheesecakes, using almond flour and rapadura rather then white flour and sugar.
101 sausage balls, using almond flour instead of bisquick....so there is only 1/2 carb in each ball.
They are yummy, and freeze well, so we can take out a few at the time.  I'm having a few for breakfast with a grapefruit half a couple of days a week.
Worked on cleaning out my recipe box.  I threw away all recipes with cool whip, jello, or pudding; except the recipe for orange stuff, and pink stuff.  If you are familiar with those recipes, you understand why I HAD to keep them, to make once a year or so.
Made 2 lbs. of butter. 
Made 40 chocolate date balls, no added sugar, only the sweetness of the dates, dark chocolate, and almonds.  Yum.  They are for the kids, but I cheated and tried one.
Have you noticed all the "ball" recipes on pinterest lately?  They work great for us, just one ball and everybody feels like they got dessert!  
Boiled 30 eggs, to make deviled eggs with, and eat as hard boiled eggs.  We eat one almost every day with our lunches.  Our hens are laying 12-15 eggs a day, and we have no problems using them all.
I made banana breakfast bars, for kid's breakfast.  I am going to teach Emmi to make these. She can make them a day ahead, and they can replace our old once a week coffee cake.  These bars are much better for them than the coffee cake!
I planned on making over 100 pancakes after lunch.  But instead I went outside and weeded the garden.  I also dumped 240 lbs of salt in the pool.  I had 6 steps that had to be measured, and done at certain time increments to get the pool in shape for the summer.  The great thing about the salt water, is that I probably won't have to put anything else in it all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment