*

*

Mozzarella and Rosemary

Emmi found a way to entertain Avery, who couldn't walk without her boot on.
Notice the lovely green duct tape across the bottom of the screen.  Waid ran through it last week, the plumber walked through it last year.  I should just order a whole case of replacement screens!
I FINALLY made cheese!!!!
This was supposed to be a one hour job.  I started as soon as I brought milk up after milking.
The milk was already in the 90 degree range, so it saved me a lot of heating time.
I was done, and had everything cleaned up in 35 minutes.
Since it was my first time, I was reading directions as I went, which slowed me down a little.
Look at how much whey remains, only about a cup less than the original amount of milk.
One pound of mozzarella, and it was so easy, I wondered why I hadn't done it sooner!
Emmi has officially dubbed Wednesdays as Cheesy Wheezy Wednesday, so I guess I'll be making it every Wednesday.
Have you ever seen such huge Rosemary plants?   This was our week to see the orthodontist in Birmingham, and get groceries at Whole Foods.  When we were leaving, a crew was re-doing some of the landscaping.  
Four guys were toting these across the parking lot to their truck.  I said " you're not going to throw those away are you?"  The answer was yes, so I asked if I could have them.
They look great disguising the den heat pump, and the power pole guide wire....see.....you didn't even notice it.  There were 4 in all, so I have officially begun landscaping the pool area.  There will be lots of plants, a sidewalk, and patio poured eventually.  Like most things here; it will be a gradual transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment