*

*

Open Shelves!!!

My wonderful hubby pulled this off for me, after working from 4pm to 4am, 
and only having a few hours sleep!
 
The 'brackets' are made from black iron pipe.  
We looked at several options, but frankly this was the easiest. 
The wood is 2 inch thick barn wood, from my stash.  
I am so thankful that previous owners saved the wood!
Some of it is crooked, it feels like petrified wood, weighing in at 25lbs per shelf.
I have to dab some dark gray paint on the silver screws. 
The hardest part was figuring out the exact measurements of where to put each shelf.
We had to account for a stove hood that is not up yet, and could not put a screw too close
to where two boards met.
The green shelf used to be white, and hung by the stove.  I like the shelf so much, 
I wanted to keep it in the kitchen.
As you can see, the wood certainly isn't perfect, but that's what's so wonderful about it =).
And what's almost as good as the great new shelves, is a clean counter top and bar.
It hasn't looked like this for several months, and was really driving me crazy.  When the other cabinets were torn down, all the contents had to go somewhere!
And here's a pic of a sweet baby goat sleeping on the wall of the barn.
Isn't he precious!

It's so fun to watch these guys!  Happy weekend.

1 comment: