*

*

Nothing blog worthy,

Haha, I bet you'd say that about many of my posts.=)
We had a new version of the old 7 layer salad this week.  It had grilled chicken, peppers, onions, bacon, boiled eggs, romaine, tomatoes, broccoli, and homemade ranch dressing!  Everyone ate an entire plateful, and loved it......this will be a new summer staple!

Flossie decided she wanted to see what was going on in the milking parlor, and would not take "no" for an answer.  Flossie is 11 months old and will be bred soon.
I washed her udder, and turned the machine on so she could hear the noise.
I was afraid this would cause a problem, and that she would want to come "practice" everyday, but she has not.
Who remembers Morrison's Cafeteria?  When DH and I were first married, his work place was near one.  We went to Morrison's every few months, and I always got turnip greens, and stewed okra and tomatoes.
DH always turned his nose up at both dishes.  For some strange reason, he asked me to make some greens; which I had never done before.  So for the first time ever, I made them, and DH, at age 50 ate them.
Maybe I'll try making the stewed okra and tomatoes when the garden comes in .
While DH was off, he weed eated, ate,   used the weed eater to trim miles of fence line.....or at least it seemed like it.  Other outside work was done, and planting in the garden was completed.
Here is a sneak peak at what I got done.  Yes, those are antique forks being used for cabinet pulls.  
The counter tops *should* go on next weekend, and then I can paint the lower cabinets.  I can't wait for you to see the drawer handles!

1 comment:

  1. That salad looks great. Would love for you to post your homemade ranch dressing recipe. I also like the antique fork cabinet pulls.

    ReplyDelete