*

*

Good morning.....


Moe has discovered the tack room; and that it contains some hay bales.  Your belly is going to pop, Moe!
We are finishing up some of our school books, and here is what we are trying next.
I'm disappointed, though, to find out that we need to wait until next fall to use the Pocketful of Pinecones book.  After 15+ years of homeschooling, we are trying some Charlotte Mason.
We got 2.73" of rain in the past couple of days.  No heavy storms, just steady drizzle.  Emmi caught this fish where one of the ponds overflowed.  She fed it to her favorite cat, Fat Boy.
And here's a turtle update on the kitchen.  I got 2 coats of primer on the wall.  Bought 2 stock cabinets from Lowe's.  Measured very carefully for them, but discovered that if we put one to the left of the stove, the existing cabinet and drawer wouldn't open.  It overlapped by about 1".  Now I get to haul a cabinet back to Lowe's.  I had been pretty excited, thinking I would have pot drawers again.  I called a cabinet maker to get a rough price on custom cabinets for both sides of the stove.  The price wasn't bad at all, but instead I would rather pay to get some glass doors on some of the other cabinets.  So we decided that DH can build a shelf for the left side, to replace the little metal shelf I've been using, and we'll keep the Lowe's cabinet on the right.  I think the quirkiness of being different adds to the farm house character.  We plan to make wood counter tops, so that will be uniform all the way around......although that project will not be any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment