*

*

Our last two weeks


I can't believe I haven't posted in two weeks!
Last week Avery had an appointment at the cleft clinic at Children's.  It has been over two years since her last surgery.  Thankfully surgeries and appointments are, for the most part, a thing of the past for most of our kids.  I had forgotten how draining a clinic day can be, and have to say I am a much better person, now that I do NOT have to go to Children's every few weeks, like we once did.  
After being weighed, measured, having a hearing test, seeing a speech pathologist, and genetics trying to get their share of the money, we sat in the room TWO hours before seeing the plastic surgeon.  
Genetics always sends someone in to see if we want to talk to the doctor, we always refuse....because we learned the hard way, that if the Dr. walks into your room, you pay.  The lady tried to sway me, saying they really like to "follow" the patients (Avery did have testing as a baby).   Now do you think her genetic make-up has changed???? So what's to "follow"??  See, I told you, Dr. appointments make me a mean person.
Avery is great, but will need at least one more nose revision in the future.
We've done lots of mowing, weed eating, and general clean up, the past few weeks.  The goats are having fun on the garden mulch pile.
Josie got a new feed called Chaffhaye, it has increased the milk a bit.  We've really missed the extra milk that Becky was giving us, and the Jersey babies are drinking 3 gallons a day.  That leaves us with only about 2 gallons.  I know that sounds like a lot, but it takes almost a whole gallon for my family at breakfast alone.  I ma thankful that I was making butter like a mad woman earlier in the summer, because now there is only enough cream for sour cream.
DH put headlights on my golf cart.  I asked him about more "street lights", we have a few and he doesn't like them.  So his alternative solution was headlights, and he will be putting a motion sensor flood light on the milking barn soon.
Emmi sold Cloud today.  The buyers were impressed that she was the one who had to sign the registration certificate, and took the money.  She's a little business woman.
That's my exciting life, what's going on in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment