*

*

She's 10

Avery had a birthday, and if you've been reading my blog for a while, you know it was my birthday too.
When we were ready to adopt the 2nd time, and requested her file, I saw the birth date and knew she was ours.  
She was barely 17 pounds when we adopted her, just a few weeks after her second birthday.
The only food she had ever had came from a bottle, she didn't even know how to chew.
Oh, the things we take for granted.
She is still a tiny thing!  She has come farther than we ever imagined.
She was terrified of stuffed animals for years, still does not want to be in the same room with a baby doll.  
I have my own theories on that---but I'll move on.
 She has overcome so many things.

Avery did not talk until she was four.  She now does 4th grade schoolwork!
God used this special girl to really change our hearts, which resulted in our adopting four more kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment