*

*

I bought a few strawberries...

Forty eight pounds to be exact.
Aldi had them for 99 cents!  Organic strawberries are $5 a pound, I've never bought them.  
Organic jelly is also outrageous.  
So guess what I did ALLLLLLL day.
I can't afford the organic stuff, but at least I know what's in my own jam.  
Thirty two pounds of berries and 45 pounds of sugar later.....
SIXTY THREE PINTS of jam. 
 I was able to calculate the cost at $1.50 per jar.
It was 7 double batches of the Ball recipe.
We use a lot of jelly, but this should last at least year.  I'm really not sure how long it will last, jelly consumption is not something I've kept up with.
We have PBJ's about twice a week, and put a little in the homemade yogurt that we eat a few times a week.
 We ate a few pounds, made a few pints of pancake syrup, and put several batches of strawberry muffins in the freezer.  Then I made 14 cups of puree, put in 14 baggies, and in the freezer, for future muffins and cakes.
Hope you are gearing up for a productive canning/gardening season!

No comments:

Post a Comment