*

*

Kitchen chaos

When the plumber/gas fitter was here running natural gas lines under the house, he happened to look under the sink, and commented on this:
It's some type of old, very thin copper tubing, that had been run as the dishwasher water line; a flood waiting to happen.
SO after being out of the kitchen (and trying to keep the kids out of the house) on the day that the plumber was here, and installing my new gas stove=), among other things......we were kicked out of the kitchen another day.
I had bought a new sink and faucet, so  it was no big deal to fix the dishwasher hose too, right?  Of course the flooring was laid  <after> the dishwasher was installed, making it really difficult to get out.  Then DH (an electrician) discovered the wiring was all wrong, so that had to be repaired.
On a positive note (I think), it appears that the hardwood floor is under the current flooring, and a couple of layers of other stuff.  So that may be great news in the future.  Right now a kitchen reno is nowhere on my radar (financially or otherwise).  I've lived through one total gut job, and it is not something I want to do again.  I'll be perfectly happy just painting cabinets and getting a new counter top somewhere down the road.
At the end of the day, my wonderful new sink was installed.  It's huge!---or rather the old one was very small and basic.  Look at the dirty dishes=).  That is a 9x13, a 6qt pan, and a large skillet on the bottom.  NONE of which would fit in the old sink.  
Great sink equals happy moma!

No comments:

Post a Comment