*

*

Bartering in the country

Something that is not done to much in the suburbs.
But that's how I got my new cart.
Shown here next to Jake's Smart.....ha ha.
 (Yeh, it's pretty scary that his car looks smaller.  But thankfully he bought a bigger car last week.)              
                     OK, back to bartering.          
An 18-wheeler trailer came with our farm, it was being used for storage.  It was an eyesore.
It even had good tires still on it, so DH ran an add.
A man wanted to trade it for a 4-wheeler, except we didn't need a 4-wheeler.
 But my smart hubby knew that a 4-wheeler would be easier to sell than an 18-wheeler trailer, so we traded.
So a few weeks later, DH sold the 4-wheeler, and bought a much needed cart!  Now I don't have animal feed in various places, convenient to each group of animals, and also convenient to mice.
Now I have all the feed in one place, a pretty much mouse proof building where Sawyer the cat resided.  I scoop up the proper amounts in various containers, and load it on the cart each day.  Then I drive my happy little cart around and feed all the animals.  Bartering is wonderful.
We have also bartered a LP tank for a chicken incubator.  And
removal of some guard rail fencing,  exchanging the labor for the guard rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment