*

*

A portion of a project

Do you know what these are???  Metal scoops on a conveyor belt, cut into 3 pieces.  That was exactly what you guessed--right?
One of the many treasures left behind on our farm.  They were used in a grain mill.
So after I spent 2 hours getting them off of the barn wall, scrubbed them, and hauled them inside (they weigh at least 30lbs each)....here's what I did with one piece.
This is perfect for gloves and hats, each person has their own "scoop".  I love it, especially compared to the daily dig into a laundry basket that we were using before.
Currently, the mud room has maroon carpet, blue trim, and a mauve and blue floral wallboard something or other on the walls.  I know you must be jealous!  In the future, it will have reclaimed barn wood on the walls, or at least part of the walls, depending on how far the wood goes.  The curtain (sheet) at the den door will be removed when the den is finished.  I have also gathered many rusty old hooks and farm equipment parts to use as coat hooks.  DH gets to figure out how to make it all work.
Salvaged feed bins, complete with gnaw marks, hold boots.
Here's the moma and daddy boot box.  Even though this room is UGLY right now.  I am so thankful to have it!!  We have never had a space like this before; when we lived in Montgomery, we never needed such a space.  Here, I would guess that winter morning temperatures are a good 20 degrees colder.  I can't imagine where all the coats and boots would go without this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment