*

*

I can't believe I never showed you the girl's room

Cozy!  It is much smaller than their last room----but no complaints!  The door behind the bed is not used, it leads to the schoolroom....good ol' shotgun house=)
I am grateful that there is a large closet in their bathroom....so they have a winter closet and a summer closet that toys also fit in.
Everything on the walls is from China.  The hot pink quilts are from China (about $15 each)!  I got 2 when we adopted Waid, because I wanted to change up Emmi and Avery's room.  Then we started the adoption process for the last 2, and not only did I not want to spend any money, but also knew I would have 3 girls in the room.  One day in Guangzhou, DH stayed in the room with the kids, so I could go to the fabric market and see if---against all odds---they had another hot pink quilt.  Fifteen months after the original purchase, they still had ONE quilt....don't tell me God doesn't care about little details that make us happy.  He does.
Comforter and pillows are from the last house.  The girls picked the multi color fabric, and we had the rest.  I combined 4 different fabrics, 2 ribbons, and the beads to use what I had and make it work.  I will use the scraps for a bathroom curtain--someday.











You've already seen the chandelier.  The reason I haven't shown the room sooner, is because it is not done.  I am going to paint 12" bubble-gum pink stripes on the ceiling.  The paint is bought already, so I have to follow through, but the time.....just not something I have right now.  It's currently #487 on my to do list.  But when I get there, I'll be sure to show you.


3 comments:

  1. so adorable!!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I'm thinking of ditching the bunk beds in two of our three bunk-bedded rooms - I really don't love them.

    ReplyDelete