*

*

Many hands make light work

There was an area over 40' long, by the milk barn, that had been washing away for years.  All the rain coming off the roof had made a substantial ditch.
Tuesday morning, we gathered and carted rocks from 2 other locations, and filled the ditch!  Everyone was happy and had fun, and we got it all done in a few hours.
OK, so not everyone worked.....Ben and Happy lounged around.







I'm thankful we got the job done just before a huge cold front rolled in.  Temps were in the 40's today, with a "feels like" temp of 34.  According to DH's car thermometer, it is 10 degrees colder here that it was in Birmingham at 2 and 3 o'clock.  We've never lived this far north before--I hope we can handle it.  I know some of you are laughing, but I don't even own a coat!  I have jackets, but not a coat.
After farm chores this evening, DH found a stowaway in his jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment