*

*

Bee gone


 Eight years ago, I painstakingly hand stamped and painted these bees on the wall.  (Picture is after I sanded them a bit).  It has been known as the "red bathroom" for 8 years.  The den had a red accent wall, and decor.    Two years ago, I got to buy new den furniture, and re-do the whole thing-----but the red bathroom remained---RED.
 Until this week.  I painted it, and the master bath.  The blue is not as bright as it looks.

 And the rest of my week was spent painting the cabinets.  Before, they were 25 year old, beat up oak.  One coat of oil-based primer.....which I paid for with an enormous headache the next day.  Then 3 coats of the brown; NOT oil based.  New hinges and pulls.
 Hopefully with the new faucets, this will improve our chances of a sale!

2 comments:

  1. Love the blue. I have a bathroom that I would love to paint that color, but first I will have to take down the wallpaper and that is so low on my least of priorities. Its like if you give a moose a muffin around here, but backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate all that work when you don't hope to enjoy it long term? We have done that a few times. Still sitting with the empty house here :( Can't wait to see what you do find :)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete