*

*

Yummy peaches

Got a huge basket last week at the farmers market, they are huge.
Did you know you can make a cobbler in the crock pot?  One bowl, one measuring cup, super easy!
 4 cups fresh or frozen fruit, pealed, cored, cut up, stir 1/4 cup sugar in the bowl with them, pour into greased crock pot.  Use the same bowl to mix 1 cup bisquick (I make my own), 1/2c sugar, and 1c milk.  Pour over fruit, cook on low for 3 hours.
 Yumm-y!  I've used more fruit with good results.  I tried doubling, but the dough never cooked all the way through, even after an extra hour.
 Mr, Creative, and his vacuum cleaner. 
 I found a wonderful, fool proof bread recipe http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/potato-bread-perfect-for-toast-recipe
 Great for sandwiches.
Today Avery had an apt the cleft clinic.  She will be having lip/nose revision surgery in Oct....and tubes, set # 257.  OK, maybe an exaggeration, but it is so many that we have lost count, definitely over 15.
The cooler weather has been crazy.  The only time in my life I can remember it NOT reaching 100 degrees!  But, of course since the hot weather seems to be back on track, at 90 degrees today, our air conditioning went into shock.  We realized this AFTER heating up the kitchen to cook supper, and running 2 dishwashers.  Now it's about 80 outside,  it's also about 80 on my main level =0.
The a/c is here now, no news yet, I may be ousting a kid out of a twin bed tonight (upstairs, in the air conditioning).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:50 AM

    Thanks for posting the link for the bread recipe. I can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread looks fantastic! I can't wait to taste it! I will have to try this recipe. I love potato bread. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete