*

*

1-21 second catch up post

Emmi looks so grown up in this outfit! She turned 9 this week; more on that later. After Jake went back to school, we buckled down on schoolwork. I am VERY thrilled to say that we had "100 day" last week!!! Which is the earliest we have ever had it, even when it was just Kristen and Jake. We did not take but a few days off for Christmas, if DH worked; we did school, even on Saturdays. We are "celebrating" 100 day later this week.
Waid made a cape out of packing material=) He tells us when he grows up he will be a super hero. One thing we are doing in school is a "focus on math" week or two. Addition and subtraction facts, and lack of having them memorized, has slowed down math progress. I didn't want to continue on to new concepts and get in a bad cycle. So we have haulted the regular studies to focus on math. I copied a couple of teacher resources and made lots of worksheets, even some fun ones. I'm stopping between several worksheets to do calendar, read a math related story, math related DVD etc.
Last week we took a field trip to Bud's Best Cookie factory. I forgot my camera, but we had a great time riding the train thru the factory. Afterwords, our group went to McD and enjoyed spending some time together. In the upcoming weeks we have many appointments. Not looking forward to that, but they are all basic stuff,nothing new or major. While getting my tax stuff ready, I discovered that we had made 37 trips downtown last year for kids appointments! I am thankful that this should be a more normal year!

No comments:

Post a Comment