*

*

Progress report

We worked alllllllll week last week, we are making progress, but it seems so painfully slow.
The porch is now safe, and we have a little bridge to where the sidewalk will one day go...like in 100 years....at the rate we are going
 

 Only one person commented on my white brick.  You people should be ashamed of yourselves after I worked so hard.  I need to find an old house picture, when it was yellow, so you can get the full effect of the improvement.  But here's a before and after white brick. 
Ther stairs will be white too, I was just waiting until the welding was done on the stair rail installation--which happened today.

 I can't wait to be able to order a new front door, the one we have picked out is wonderful.  Since I am so impatient, I have to give you a sneak peak of the paint treatment I will put on the new front door---this is the back door.
DO you love it????? If not, lie to me.

The 1st bucket brigade picture I posted here was about 2 years ago, with only 3 kids.  I think they were moving pea gravel then.  Here they are back-filling part of the retaining wall.  Even with little buckets, we made good progress for the 2 hours they were cooperative.  I paid them with popsicles--cheap Chin+ese labor=)

 Here are the new handrails. 
 Most of my week was spent catching up from last week.  We did manage to do 2 days of schoolwork!  Had "cane training", and speech therapy.  And my house is clean!!!
Lastly---this picture is for you Whitney!  The 500lb planter I was telling you about. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Janet! You have been working so hard. I would not be able to move each morning. I think the white brick looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:03 PM

    Totally worth the wait! It's gorgeous. I love the progress you have made. I don't know how you do it! -Whitney

    ReplyDelete