*

*

12/07/11

Silk cacoons, a machine that unwinds them. The kids thought this was very interesting, I thought it would have been a little more "show" and tell.
After the silk factory, our guide took us through a back way to KFC (can't believe I ate it). As you probably know, I'd rather walk the back streets all day, than do "touristy" stuff, so this was right up my alley--no pun intended.
Our guide also wanted to take us to Forbidden temple the same morning. We asked to be back at the hotel at 12, to pack up and leave by 2. She said we had plenty of time. We knew better. She took us on the subway instead of paying for a pricey van. I think we walked as far as we rode. Beijing subway system is ginormous. There were many older sections with stairs-no escalators....with the crowds shoving, we just picked Waid up at the stairs. I think our guide did not realize how much Waid would slow us down, and just having 4 kids in general.
We got back to the hotel at 1:40, the shuttle left at 2. I had not packed up anything, because we'd asked to be back at 2, and were told "no problem".
After a mad dash, we made it, got to out gate about 30 minutes to spare----the flight was delayed 2 hours. AAARRRGGHH!! Dependability is not real big with the airlines here.
But we made it to Shenyang later in the evening.
Sorry for the lack of pictures, problem with netbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment