*

*
Can you tell I've been sick, and am sitting around and blogging?  So even though not much is getting done at my house, I know what all of you are up to=). 
The sweet young man came to buy the car seat this morning.  I'm sure the reason that he kept calling me ma'am was due to the fact that he was a true southern gentleman, and not at all because of my age.  And not due to the gray roots in my hair, that have been screaming -for over a week now- to meet up with the bottle of color that sits in the bathroom.  He has a down syndrome child, I am sure we could have talked for quite a while about therapy options in the Bham area, but he had to go to work.
I was going to start the year off on the right foot, with the "put on"chart and study guide from http://www.doorposts.com/.  I had decided to do this every January, in hopes that a yearly refresher would make a huge difference. And then we would continue this year introducing each of the charts, with other "studies" to come in future years. My man isn't colored, the clothes aren't copied and cut out...so he has nothing to "put on".........can we start our new year in a few weeks?
I got lots done while the kids were sick, except, I was not planning on ME getting sick!  We have managed to keep the house decent, thanks to my DH learning to use the vacuum cleaner back in August (when I was in China). Actually DH is a really smart guy, and knew how to use the vacuum cleaner, but knew even better how NOT to use it.   My sinuses have cleared a little, I can breathe today, and have even scrubbed a bathroom, and done some laundry.
Here's hoping your new year has come off a little closer to what you were expecting;)

3 comments:

  1. Janet, Thanks so much for all of your posts. You continue to inspire me. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just rec'd our first Doorposts item yesterday...the little book about honoring your parents. Ummm...I can't find it...maybe some one hid it in hopes they wouldn't have to hear it...:)

    ReplyDelete