*

*

Happy Saturday


Oh how they love crafts!  It was a little too chilly to paint in the garage, our normal spot, so we painted in the kitchen.


Someone asked about these before, but I must have accidentally deleted the comment, because I could not find it to respond to later.  These are 2 different brands, but they are just spill proof paint cups.  Most teacher supply stores have them.  They also come with lids, so you can save the paint for another time.  When I taught kindergarten, and painting was a center each day, I could mix tempra paint on Monday, and use it all week.  Now I just buy the washable paint in large bottles......painting about once a month is about all I can stand.

 

Do you ever tell your kids that all you had to play with when you were little was sticks and rocks?  David tells them, but really, he didn't have much more.  I told the kids we were having sticks for lunch, they were giddy with anticipation.  Our sticks were celery sticks, carrot sticks, cheese sticks, and some crackers and spinach dip.  Don't tell them I did not eat carrots!


Here are the paper plates they painted earlier.  Use 2 plates, cut 3 halves, and 2 quarters after painting.  Decorate with paper reinforcers.  Even Waid could do this!  The craft book this was from is so old it said to color the reinforcers with marker....before they came in colors.

3 comments:

  1. What a great craft idea. Glad they enjoyed their "sticks" even if you didn't.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you come to my house and be our art instructer? Please, pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was me with the paint cup comment...thanks for telling me. I love your drive to have arts and crafts as often as you do!! Im still learning our new normal!!

    ReplyDelete