*

*

Frugal Friday

You probably already know this one....but anyway......
The dial foaming soap is over $2 for that small bottle.  The ginormous S*m's liquid hand soap is about $8 (can't remember exactly)....we've been using this giant bottle for about a year.
Use 3 parts water to 1 part soap, stir, ever so slowly (to not foam up), and add to your foaming soap dispenser.
When 1 runs out at our house, I make the refill recipe in a 4 cup measuring cup, and top off all of the soaps in the house.  Any leftovers can be stored in a glass jar.
I feel sure this little trick has saved us close to $500 in a year, based on at least 1 refill per bottle, per month, times 3.5 bathrooms and the kitchen sink.  And who wants all those little plastic bottles in a landfill anyway?

3 comments:

  1. I too do this with soap!! Love the park you found!
    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started doing that this past year and do NOT know what took me so long to begin! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...why have I never done this? Janet, where have you been all my life??????? :)

    ReplyDelete