*

*

Cast all your cares

"Cast all your cares upon Jesus, for he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7 
 We often forget that Jesus cares about even the little things.  
 "Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."  Luke 12:27We hit a thrift store today.....which is amazing in itself; that DH agreed to go, I usually go alone. 
Most people are in shock when they learn that I clothe my kids from yard sales, thrift stores, and my sewing machine.....because they always look so cute!  And if they are not matching, they usually are at least color co-ordinated.
 The boys really needed clothes.  I am having to wash not-full loads just so they do not run out of clothes.  The thrift store had SIX pairs of pants in their size, with the adjustable waist!!! Coincidence??-  No
 God's provision- YES!! 
 These red and beige airplane shirts are not the same, but will go together.  The green dress still had the tags on it, as did the pink puppy dress!
We also scored several pair of Cr*cs, we keep a pile on the back porch to wear for outside play.

God knows the kids needed clothes, and he knows we are "adoption poor", and he provided!
*Not complaining about being "adoption poor"---wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

  1. I love to shop the thrift store. And I so wish I could sew. Most of our clothes are hand-me-downs or my aunt or sister buys them for my children. Its a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your kids do always look cute! You have a great eye for things, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too excited for you!!! I can still shop for my younger children at the thrift stores but for my teenage boys I dont have much luck any more. BTW, I sent my dossier off yesterday!!!
    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful treasures!

    BTW, all Hannah's *new* clothes are wonderful, and 99.9% fit! What a blessing you are!

    ReplyDelete