*

*

W*l Mart and mourning

 Today has been declared a national day of mourning for the mudslide victims.  Flags are at half mast and there are floral sprays in front of some shops.
W*l Mart is a 10yuan taxi ride.  It is at the end of a long pedestrian shopping street, like the one in GZ.  The temp is in the high 80s, but there is a breeze, and little humidity like at home, so it was a nice walk in the shopping area.  I walked about 8 blocks, then just turned around and came back towards the WM.  Same as Carrefour--you start at the top.
I wanted to check out what is available before I get Waid.  They had everything baby that anyone would need, strollers from $30 and up.....waiting to see if Waid can see well enough to walk on the busy streets.  I brought an empty backpack, but if Waid brings many belongings, a rolling carry-on sized suitcase can be bought there starting at $12.
I have food and toys in the room--so I'm set.  I will eat Pizza Hut tonight, tomorrow we will just stay in the room for supper. I want to be able to "stay home" after I get Waid, not knowing how well he can get around in public places and crowded streets.   We change money (for the "donation") in the morning, and then get Waid.  There is one other family adopting a 13yo girl, haven't met them yet.  I have not met the guide either, he just called me Sat., and this morning. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update! I am so excited to see you and Waid together. Wendy Clark(a friend of Rebekah's).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I"m behind in your posts, but I'm so excited reading. I hope to be picking up my Daughter LiXue (13) from Tianjin soon. We were just fingerprinted today so all we need is that last piece of paperwork to send our dossier. I think you are there with another family picking up LiXue's friend. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete