*

*

Waid is great!


Waid is a happy boy in general.  He has a sweet soft voice.  He sings as he plays=).
He runs back and forth from the coffee table bringing me things, then taking them back.  His play is about like that of a 2yo.  He sticks his leg up on me to climb into my lap.  He backs his way off the bed and couch like a 2yo.  Last night he brought me a yellow car and climbed up on my lap, I rolled it across the table and caught it and rolled it back a few times.  Then he stuck his hand out...so I rolled it, and he could see it well enough to catch it at the end of the table. When we rolled the red car, he put it away and got the yellow one back out.  Maybe just coincidence, but I think he could see the yellow contrast against the table better than he could see the red.  Waid must not have had the opportunity to play in the bathtub.....he is amazed at pouring the water out of a cup. 
I think those missing teeth are fro rot.  He wont open up big enough for me to brush as well as I would like.  I do what I can, but his gums are bleeding every time.
Still not eating much.  Had about 1/2c rice last night, and chocolate milk.  A few spoons of rice at breakfast, and a crust of bread.  I offered him several Chinese items at breakfast, but he did not want them.  We had McD for lunch, he did like the fries, but only had a small handfull.  He fed himslf the fries, but has not tried to use a fork or spoon, and since he is not eating much, I really can't show him how.  We made it until Tuesday night without TV.  When I did turn it on, he stood with his face right against it.  On a news channel, with news scrolling across the bottom, he stepped back and follewed the headlines with his finger.  He is definately drawn to light sources, sticks a toy with flashing light right up in his face.  He is sleeping good and taking naps.  He is a joy and a blessing!!, and things are going better with him than I expected!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the updates. Can't wait to see you at home with your Waid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog Janet. You and David are the best!

    ReplyDelete