*

*

A word about luggage



People always ask what kind of luggage they should get for their adoption trip.  I always tell them not to spend a ton of money.  I have had this fanny pack for 13 years.  I got it at W*l Mart on clearance.

Got this backpack at T*rget for the 1st adoption trip.  It's now on it's way to Ch*na for the 4th time, and is used everyday while there.

This small rolling case was an incentive gift from DH's employer.  Our others (1 per person) were $19 at T*rget. They have all  been to Ch*na 3 times, without so much as a broken zipper.
Here's what I got done today at naptime.  All meds and toiletries ready to go.  This was easy, since when we got home in March, I just put everything in a storage tub.
Oops- out of order here.  I take money, passport, credit card and ID in the pouch and wear it around my neck.  I use it many days in country too, I don not care if it makes me look like a tourist.  I found the little blue one at a sporting goods store, it is for joggers to put on their tennis shoe laces.  I can fit about $1k in it.  I purposefully tear my undies at the waistband, so I can attach it to them, and make sure that pair of undies is clean for each travel day .(hope that's not too much info for you).  It really made me feal better--especially our 1st trip, when we had to carry $10,000 cash with us.  These, too, have survived 3 trips so far.

Here's what else I gathered up today.  Balloons, crayons, tub letters, sippy cup, stuffed animal, and sunglasses (Waid's eyes are sensative to bright light) for my little man.  And tons of those little tissue packs and wipes.  I stuff these in every nook and cranny of extra space, and am always thankful that I did!

And now for the humor of the day.  We ran a few errands yesterday, when we came out of T*rget, a Sm*rt car was parked next to the van; it looked about like this=)  You can read about how God miraculously found this van for us here....http://5hurleykids.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-01-29T17%3A41%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=35

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog. I wish you all the best on your journey to bring Wade home. I will follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of your van and the kids' "smart car" ! I'm so excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to remember all of this for our trip. I am so excited for you that you will be traveling soon to get your newest family member.

    ReplyDelete