*

*

Rough night

Thank you for your prayers. This was NOT fun. Avery did better than I expected, but as you can see, she did not like it one bit. She stayed pretty calm as she sat in my lap and the nurse hooked up the gazillion electrodes. When her head was being wrapped up, she lost it. Screamed and cried for over an hour. Finally went to sleep just before 11.
The good news is that she does not need a CPAP machine, at least not at this time. Her oxygen levels dropped off and on, because her airway is obstructed, but she does not totally stop breathing, like adults with sleep apnea do. Her ENT will look at her soon and see her tonsils should come out. Many surgeons automatically take out the tonsils 8 weeks before the pharyngeal flap surgery that she had in Oct. Our Dr. does not. It's just a gamble as to whether the tonsils will need to come out or not, so he leaves them in, until it is determined that they need to come out.
Wes's appt went fine, and he was very good, once he understood there would be no shots. His hernia surgery will be in less than 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Please keep me updated on everything!! I don't always get a chance to catch up on all the blogs - so shoot me an email when I should be praying! Also, can't wait for an update on Wade...Good grief, did I spell that right? Hope you all are well! (um, I mean, doing well after the rough night at the sleep apnea clinic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God loves you for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete