*

*

School starts!

Things ran smoothly for us this morning getting dressed and fed. I even got a load of laundry in the washer before we headed downstairs for school. Wes had not really been in the school room before, so there was alot to take in. (He just learned that we have a playroom yesterday--little doses at a time). He was thrilled to have his own desk, crayons, etc.


After Bible story, we began Handwriting With*ut Tears. He was very good at it. We went over colors and numbers. He knows colors- even pink- in English!, and can count to 10. Pretty good for a boy who only spoke Ch*nese 20 days ago.

Avery was enjoying her school work. The girls got to do some fun stuff while I worked with Wes.





Then Wes got to do some fun things while I worked with Avery. I didn't want to push my luck, so after about an hour, we went outside.

















PE is the most fun! We went back in, thinking it MUST be lunch time by now--nope, only 11!--Now What? They were all so good that I let them watch a show! Then I heated up our wonderful leftover sketti casserole. I think we had a great 1st day of school--no tears or whining!
Speaking of school, Jake just called from Pensac*la Christian College. He made a 94 on his math mid-term, and 91 on patrol mid-term (preceeded by 2 100's on other patrol tests). The boy is a genius, handsome, respectful, and wise beyound his 16 years! I am very blessed to be his mom......bragging again.....did I learn nothing from yesterday's chaos?




3 comments:

  1. Wes looks so cute in his glasses! He is so smart, just like his big brother Jake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! He looks like he has been with you forever. He fits right in with the girls. I can't wait to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done so much since you've been home. Glasses, school, etc. Kids look great!

    ReplyDelete