*

*
Thankful Thursday

"Through His marvelous mercy, God reaches down and stirs the depths of our souls. And as He abundantly gives this incredible gift to us, we are also called to offer it to others on His behalf." Jan Beazely
Does the concept sound familiar?
"from everyone whom has been given much, much will be demanded; and from one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12:48b
I am always thankful for my family, but today want to focus on the 2 littles. I cannot imagine life without them. Just when life was cruising along so nicely, a 9 and 11 year old, self sufficient set of kids, God knocked us upside the head with this whole adoption thing. Never-in-my-wildest-dreams would I have ever thought that God would choose to use us in this way.
What if we had dismissed God's voice? What if we had not obeyed? The lessons of faith, prayer, sacrifice, and love we would have missed out on are immeasurable. Next week I would be turning 42, with 2 kids on the way out the door to college in the next year. Then what would I do with the next 20, 30 years of my life?!?! Can you imagine--kids out the door- gone- before I am 43.
I am so thankful that God broke the walls of my heart down, til I finally said "here I am, use me". Now, my house will probably never be empty (or clean), my days will never be boring, but why on earth would I want it that way! I am so blessed, thank you Jesus!
Lastly, let me challenge you, my friends. We know that pure and undefiled religion is to care for the widows and orphans (James 1). Care is a verb, an ACTION word! Pray that God will show you a ministry of service, if He has not already. What can you do to change another's life? It will change YOU forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment